At Home With Malo. Muse Celeste:
Could you give us a quick introduction to yourself & what led you to start your beautiful store?
My name is Celeste and I am a New Zealand born mama of one young lad with a second little man on the way. I am the wife to a supportive and driven husband who helps to provide the time and space for me to build my dream job - which is of course my little online store, the organised mama. And I'm a creative soul with a passion for organisation, structure, champagne and all things beige.
the organised mama. came about whilst I was pregnant with my first son Ronnie. I was struggling to find essentials to keep my new life as a mama a little more organised whilst also maintaining my favourite white/beige/neutral colour palette where I could! I found myself ordering a lot of things online internationally to keep within my personal style. This bothered me for the obvious reason of the extra cost, but mainly the fact that I wasn't supporting local businesses in New Zealand.
So from here I decided to take it upon myself to see if maybe I could design the things I was looking for and also look into how difficult/costly it would be to get my ideas made into real products. My vision for the organised mama. was to design practical baby essentials for modern parents (and their babes) that add a touch more organisation into daily parent life without sacrificing your personal style. The kind of things I had been looking for locally but couldn't find.
I decided it was time to fully jump in and commit to making the organised mama. an online destination for practical baby essentials that compliment your personal style perfectly. We launched the website officially on Sunday May 1st and our products will be available to be shipped to both NZ and Australia.
As a new mum, what’s been an amazing baby product find?
Honestly, malo. Nappy rash spray is high on the list. It's so unique in its simple and speedy application and beautifully clean ingredients! As first time parents - it was something we always checked we packed when leaving the house as change time in a restaurant/cafe was so nerve wracking. We both knew using our precious spray was the quickest and easiest way to get through it! Not to mention filled with the best ingredients that agreed with our son's skin beautifully.
What are your Top 5 Must-Have Baby Essentials
- Our pacifier holder is something I never leave the house without. I always keep at least two pacifiers in it ready to go and it stays looped around my handbag strap. It really puts my anxiety around germs at ease knowing they are covered/protected - especially in this covid world we are currently living in! It's also a great toy when Ronnie needs to be distracted!
- Vegan leather playmat. I cannot tell you how essential this item is to us, especially in the first 6 months of Ronnie's life when he was spilling regularly and nappy changes were a little more messy! Because it is a faux leather material, it is so easy to quickly wipe down, clean and disinfect. No throwing it in the wash and waiting for it to dry so we can use it again. The one we use is actually a sample I am hoping to launch with the organised mama sometime in the future.
- The Owlet smart sock is something I personally couldn't be without. It's a velcro type sock with a little sensor encased in it that wraps around baby's foot. It then links to a base station as well as the app you download on your phone and notifies you straight away if their heart rate or oxygen levels fall outside of the preset (medically established) parameters. For me, it's a necessity because it allows me to sleep easy!
- Lollipop Camera. Absolutely love this camera, we have never had any problems with it and the picture is incredibly clear. I can literally zoom in on the app on my phone and watch my son's chest rise and fall because it's so accurate! It was so easy to install and move around as we needed. We bought an additional Ipad which sits on my night stand and runs all night so I can see Ronnie at all times and it really gives me a massive peace of mind.
- Our nappy caddy. It's a really simple and chic design that keeps all our essentials together (nappies, change of clothes, cream, bibs, pacifiers, wipes etc.) ready to go when we need them. It's also the best thing to take with us when we are going to a friend's or familys place as everything is so much easier to grab rather than digging through a nappy bag! It's one of my favourite things I have designed and I hope I will be able to bring it out soon!
Also another two items I found really useful when decorating and organising the nursery were our wardrobe dividers and drawer organisers. We were kindly gifted so many beautiful clothes and it was a little overwhelming looking at it all! So having the dividers meant I could sort through everything and have all his clothes arranged by size. It also showed me what I was missing as some sections were a little more empty than others! The drawer dividers make it really simple to grab things quickly as well as make the most of limited space. I cannot tell you the joy it brings me opening his drawers to see his little vests rolled and organised into grids, I love it!